Since the starting of Pflugerville in 1860, there has been much development as well as change. Yet also today there are several spots that stand for the very early history of what was when a little farming community.
Previous Pflugerville Collection- The City of Pflugerville gave some funds as well as a small house at 102 S. 3rdfor a nominal lease where the Collection was housed from 1985 till 1999 when it moved to a brand-new and also much bigger structure. Today, the site of the previous library is inhabited by a present store, Oh-La-La.
Hanover’s Hardware Shop- Hanover’s has actually had an existence in downtown Pflugerville for 102 years opening up originally as a barroom in 1903. Years later on Tom Hanover resumed the historic structure as a hardware shop and lumberyard. Hanover offered the building in 1999. The new proprietor changed it back to a regional pub. The name and several of his original indicators still remain as a component of the Hanover’s Draught Haus decoration and rustic feeling.
Cotton Gin- The very first cotton gin in Pflugerville was built in 1904 by one of the initial Pfluger household settlers. It was ruined by fire in 1931 as well as a new one was integrated in the same place where the old gin still stands to now. The Pflugerville Farmer’s Market is held weekly on the same land before the gin.
Pfluger Meat Market- In 1960, two Pfluger cousins opened a meat market at 100 E. Pecan where it operated for many years. The last company to operate in the same area was the Pecan Street Antique Store. Next door in the exact same building was a tavern until the 1980’s. In 1986, Costs Yates opened Yates Lawnmower Repair work and also is still in organisation today at the same place.
The Heritage House Gallery, additionally known as the Bohls Residence, was designated as a historical site in 2005. Constructed in 1913 by Gottlieb William (G.W.) Bohls, this Queen Anne house beings in its original place, when the center of the Bohls ranch. GW sold the farm in 1925 to his youngest sibling Otto and his better half Laura Fuchs Bohls. Otto operated the ranch till 1959, as well as his boy Clarence operated the ranch till 1985. The ranch was rented for manufacturing till Laura’s fatality in 1992. The Bohls Family deeded the house to the City of Pflugerville in 1993 as a location to advertise as well as translate the city’s heritage as well as society. The Pflugerville Town library handles the facility as well as works closely with the Heritage House Partners to give exhibits as well as programs that are depictive of all family members, societies, businesses, schools, churches, and various other companies that contributed to the development of Pflugerville.